This list includes all the important features that make a foam insulation for window air conditioner worthy. We have also taken note of the materials used in each product and how they affect your experience with it. There is one thing we can guarantee: you won’t be disappointed with these products.
Top 10 foam insulation for window air conditioner: Editor’s Choice
Best foam insulation for window air conditioner: Review and Guide
We’re not just trying to make a buck; we want to help you find the best products to make informed decisions. We only recommend products that have been extensively tested and reviewed by our team of experts. We are 100% transparent, and we’re not trying to trick you into buying anything. We’ve done our homework and know what we’re talking about. We want to help you find the best products for your needs, so we only recommend products that have been extensively tested and reviewed by our team. We stand behind every product on this list and guarantee that they will be worth your money.
To choose these top 10 foam insulation for window air conditioner, we researched many products based on some key criteria; these were:
- Build Material
- Design and Style
- Price Point
- Quality of each product
1. Pearwow Window Air Conditioner Surround Foam Insulation Panels,AC Side Insulating Sun Block for Summer and Winter
- High-quality Materials-Made of a layer of heat-resistant insulating foam and PVC Surface with leather pattern.Has good sealing performance.Durable and long lasting.
- Universal Design-Suitable for 5,000 to 12,000 BTU units and Fits window up to 39″ width or smaller.Provides a nice and easy-to-clean surface.
- Energy Save-Seal the gaps between AC units and window frames,keep out cold air into your house during winter and hot air in the summer,reduce heating and cooling costs.
- Keep Comfortable-Seal out pollen,insects,dust,heat and drafts,have good insulation and looks great.Keep your house more comfortable.
- Easy Installation-The foam insulation panels can easy to cut with regular scissors,double-sided nano tape provided for simple installation.
Additional Info :
2. GCGOODS Window Air Conditioner Insulated Foam Panels, Winter Surround Insulation Side Panel with Top Seal Strip for Window AC Unit Indoor, White
- SURROUND INSULATION – The excellent sealing and insulating performance helps to eliminate drafts, heat, moisture and light, improve comfort of your house both the cold winter and hot summer.
- NICE APPEARANCE – Adopts insulating foam with white sleek PU leather surface, look great and feel comfort, perfect for covering your existing plastic side panel.
- TOP SEAL STRIP – Comes with a 39″ L x 1.5″ W top foam strip, apply to window insulation with narrow gap. Cooperate with the foam panels on both sides, provides full insulation around your window unit.
- UNIVERSAL DESIGN – Measures 17″ height x 9″ width, easy cut to fit most home window, suitable for window air conditioner units from 5000 to 22000 btu.
- SIMPLE INSTALLATION – Self adhesive tape and instruction sheet are provided for your convenient, easy to install and maintenance.
Additional Info :
3. LBG Products Window Air Conditioner Foam Insulation Panels,AC Side Insulating Panel Kit,2 Pack,Black, 17in High x 9in Wide x 7/8in Thick
- [✔Universal Design]：Air Conditioner Side Insulating Panels design to cover your broken original panel or work as replacement,these Panels fit most of window units, 5000 – 22000 btu
- [✔Keep House Comfortable]:Work like a window seal,seal out dust, pollen ,insects,heat and drafts.Foam material help reduces noise and vibrations,Keep your house comfortable
- [✔Energy Save]：Help Insulates gap between AC units and window frames,keep out cold air into your house during winter and hot air in the summer,so you will reduce heating and cooling costs
- [✔Durable Material]:The foam,anti-vibration,noise absorbing;self-stick side channels,no residue,strong adhesive
- [✔In The Package]:Includes 1 pair self-stick side channels,2 foam panel.The size is 17”H X 9”W X 7/8” D
Additional Info :
4. BJADE’S Window Air Conditioner Side Insulated Foam Panel, One-Piece Full Surround Insulation Panels Window Seal Kit, Summer and Winter Heat and Draft Insulating
- MULTI FUNCTIONAL DESIGN：The Insulating Panel is composed of a layer of heat-resistant insulating foam and PVC Surface with leather pattern,excellent sealing performance and looks great!
- ENERGY SAVER:Help seal out heat and cold,dust,pollen.keep out hot air into your house during summer and cold air in winter,improve comfort and energy efficiency
- UNIVERSAL FIT:Fits most 5000-12000 BTU window air conditioner units.Suitable for window frame width upto 39” ,easy to cut with regular scissors, double-sided nano tape provided for flexible and easy installation.
- EASY INSTALL:Measure the area you want to seal,cut the panel to shape,apply nano double side tape, then install the panel and done.Package comes with instruction sheet.
- All SEASON PROTECTION:Protect against drafts,dust,insects into your house.gives the window AC a tidy look,Keep your house comfortable.patent pending
Additional Info :
5. yotache Window Air Conditioner Foam Insulating Strip 2 Pcs 1 X 1 Inch, No Glue Thick Foam Weather Seal Tape with High Resilience, 6.5 Feet Long
- PREMIUM OPEN CELL FOAM TAPE – Made from NBR+PVC foam material, the ac foam insulation is environment friendly, soft and toxic free, having superior weather resistance, great flame retardant, resistance to high/low temperature, good heat insulation, good sound absorption, can be used from -40℃ to 90℃
- EASY TO USE – The air conditioner insulation foam can be placed on top of unit and lower window to compress seal for best insulation, which provides all season protection to seal in climate controlled air, seal out drafts and dust, reduces noise and vibration from the outside
- ADJUSTABLE & FLEXIBLE – This package includes 2 pcs of 1 in x 1 in x 6.5 ft foam tape, total 13 feet long. The two rolls are packed together in one package. The air conditioner window foam is easy enough to customize and cut to size with scissors or blade, and bend easily and conform to any shape
- HIGH RESILIENCE – Excellent resistance to compression and deformation, having strong elasticity and durability, the air conditioner sealer can quickly return to original shape after compressing, having good buffer or cushion performance, which guarantees long-term shock protection of your equipment
- 100% SATISFACTION – We take pride in our air conditioner weatherstrip and we are confident that you will love the quality and convenience! Contact us if any problem, we provide timely response and perfect solution
Additional Info :
6. 2 Rolls 1.18 Inch X 1 Inch Open Cell Foam Tape for Window Air Conditioner Insulation,High Resilience Weatherstrip Window Seal,Block The Draft and Cool Air Loss,Total 10FT
- 【SAFE MATERIAL FOAM TAPE】- Environmental Protection Materials,High Resilience,Flexible Enough,Non-Toxic.This Foam Seal Tape Not Only Reduces Heat Loss in the Winter, But Also Keeps Cool Air Indoors in the Summer.
- 【HIGH RESILIENCE WINDOW SEAL STRIP】-Open Cell Foam,Moisture Proof,Weather Proof,Corrosion Resistance,Shock-Absorbing,Sound Insulation,Anti-Skidding,Flame Retardant.The Weather Stripping Soft Enough,Good Resilience Can Effectively Sound Absorption, But Also to Protect the Equipment From Injury, Extend the Service Life.
- 【STRONGER BACKING GLUE】-This Self Adhesive Foam Ac Insulation Weather Stripping Use Strong One Side Adhesive,Non-Degumming,Adhesive to Various Materials.
- 【WIDELY USED】-The Open Cell Foam Strip is Widely Used in Various Door Seal and Window Insulation,Furniture,Electrical Cabinets,Cars,Speakers,Toy,Handicraft,DIY,Sports Equipment,Door Frame Seal,Ac Insulation,or Use As Hat Size Reducer Foam Tape.
- 【EASY TO INSTALL】-The Foam Seal Tape Strip is Easy to Customize and Cut to Size with Scissors or Blade,and Bend Easily Into Any Shape.(Single:30mm*25.4mm*1.5m)
Additional Info :
7. Breeze Stop Surround Insulation Side Panels White for Window AC Unit Indoor Air Conditioner Cover for Winter and Summer
- MATERIAL – 1’’ thick insulating foam covered in white flexible vinyl
- FITS WINDOW SIZES- Fits windows 36’’ wide or smaller, panels must be cut to size with scissors
- COVERS THE EXISTING PULL OUT PLASTIC SIDES THAT COME WITH AC – DOES NOT REPLACE THEM
- COMPOSED OF 3 PIECES- 2 side panels with adhesive flaps to connect to AC, 1 long top panel with adhesive flaps that connect to the side panels and AC forming a built-in clean design
- HELD IN PLACE- panels must be cut to fit snuggly in place between window frame and ac, the adhesive flaps attach to the ac only
- Breeze Stop insulation keeps hot air out in the summer, cold air out in the winter, and helps mitigate noise and light.
- PATENT PENDING
8. YoleShy Window Air Conditioner Side Panels Foam Insulation Panels for Window Air Conditioner, AC Units Window Insulation Kit 17 X 9 X 1 inch, Pack of 2, Black
- ✔ENERGY-SAVING– The window air conditioner installation kit can isolate the gap between the air conditioner unit and the window, keeping cool air indoors in summer and keeping warm during winter, always keeping your room comfortable.
- ✔UNIVERSAL WINDOW AC INSULATION– AC side panels for windows fit most window air conditioner units. The size of the insulation foam can be adjusted according to the clearance around the window air conditioner.
- ✔PREMIUM DURABLE FOAM– The air conditioner covers for window units with high resistance is made of high-quality foam material, soft and non-toxic. The window seal for ac unit has excellent weather resistance and can reduce noise and vibration.
- ✔EASY TO INSTALLATION– Just measure the size of the window insulator kit you need, then cut out the insulating foam to install on the side of the air conditioner, super easy to install.
- ✔PACKAGE INCLUDES– Includes 2 Air Conditioner Side Insulating Panels, 17in High x 9in Wide x 7/8in Thick.
Additional Info :
9. fowong Air Conditioner Foam Gasket Seal, 2″ W X 1″ T X 6.5′ L, Thick Window Insulation Seal Low Density Foam Strip Shock-Absorbing Anti-Vibration, 1 Roll X 6.5 Ft
- HIGH RESILIENCE WEATHER STRIP – This Low density foam tape is of high elasticity and durability, flexible enough to be easily compressed flat to form a seal with any shape and can return to former shape shortly, also large air holes makes it soft enough to be buffering cushions to any furniture or equipment.
- 1 Roll Thick Foam Seal – Fowong Foam Tape includes 1 Roll 2″ W X 1″ T X 6.5′ L Thick foam strip. Soft enough to be customized into different size and shape. This foam gasket tape can be compressed completely for an air tight seal. A smart choice to your tool box.
- WEATHER PROOF FOAM TAPE – This open cell foam tape is widely applied in windows and doors sealing, especially for uneven gaps, irregular surface and very narrow gaps. Sound insulation, shock absorption, can be applied to seal HVAC, fridge, auto, electronics, marine and etc. Prevent drafts and moisture from getting into the room. Save your energy bills.
- STRONG ADHESIVE WEATHERSTRIPPING – Fowong weatherproofing foam strip is made from no harm materials with great adhesive, great flame retardant, good heat insulation, resistance to oil and chemicals, Stick firmly and non-degumming. It withstands temperature from -40°C to 94°C.
- SERVICE & WARRANTY – Fowong dedicates to providing you quality products and service. If you are not satisfied with our product, please contact us for a Free Replacement or Full Refund.
Additional Info :
10. Mxclimate Air Conditioner Surround Insulation Foam Panels for Window AC Units, Indoor Side Installation Kit All Season Protection
- 【SEALING】:Mxclimate air conditioner foam insulating panels,Designed to cover the existing plastic side panels,achieve effective sealing effect.and also gives the window ac a clean look.
- 【ENERGY SAVE】:The air conditioner insulation foam consists of two layers of materials,one layer is foam which are good at insulation, sound absorption and shock absorption.the other is leather pattern,excellent sealing performance.
- 【APPLICATION】:Air conditioner foam insulation designed to fit most window(5000-12000BTU).suitable for window frame width 39”.panels are easy to cut to size with scissors
- 【PROTECTION】:All season protection against drafts, moisture, dust & insects.keep out hot air into your house during summer and cold air in winter,improve comfort and energy efficiency
- 【IN THE PACKAGE】:1 Roll of 17 x 39 inch insulation foam.1 roll of tape (for easy installation)
Additional Info :
Things to Look for Before Buying foam insulation for window air conditioner
To decide how beneficial the foam insulation for window air conditioner will be, you should know some basic things first. A foam insulation for window air conditioner that is cheap is not always a good offer because it’s either a fake or of low quality, and if you find the right one, but it’s too expensive, then you might look for an alternative or delay the purchase for when your money increases. In this article, you’ll find all the basics concerning choosing the best foam insulation for window air conditioner. You should also be aware that you will probably have to spend some time researching, but it is worth it.
If you’re considering buying a foam insulation for window air conditioner, please consider the following suggestions for making an intelligent choice!
- What do you want? If you’re unsure what you want, it can be hard to find the right product. Your search will be much easier if you know what you need.
- How much are you willing to spend? If you have a budget, stick with it. You don’t want to get stuck with something that costs more than you can afford.
- What brand do you want? Some brands are more popular than others and are usually better quality. If you don’t care about the brand, choose one that looks good but is affordable.
- Do you have any preferences? If you have certain features or characteristics that are important to you, make sure those items are in your product before buying them.
- How often do you plan on using foam insulation for window air conditioner? If you only use one once in a while, consider buying an affordable model that will last a few years before needing replacement.
Features and Extras
The first thing you need to know about foam insulation for window air conditioner is its main features — this will help determine if it can do what you want it to do. It’s also important to find out if any extra features might be useful but aren’t advertised as standard on the packaging or website. It can be difficult to know all the features if you’re buying a product for the first time.
This can be especially true if you’re buying a product from a brand you don’t know. The best way to find out what features are available is to read reviews and product descriptions.
When you’re buying a foam insulation for window air conditioner, it’s not just the price tag that matters; it’s also the quality. A higher-quality product can withstand wear and tear over time without breaking down or becoming damaged. It also means that the materials used are high-quality and less likely to break down. But how do you know if a product is high-quality or not? Quality can be hard to judge from the outside, but there are some tell-tale signs that it’s not. A product is made of cheap materials will likely break down over time. If a product is cheaply made with many visible flaws in the craftsmanship, it’s probably not worth your money.
Another factor that needs to be considered while purchasing any product is its durability. If you are going to use a foam insulation for window air conditioner regularly, then it should be built to last for at least some period so as not to burden your pocket by having to replace it with new items now and then frequently. When choosing an item, make sure it has been made from high-quality materials so that it doesn’t break down quickly under pressure or after only a few uses. The best way to ensure this is by looking at reviews from previous users who have had experience with using similar products before buying yours. If they say that the item lasted them for several months without breaking down, then it’s safe.
The price of a foam insulation for window air conditioner is another major consideration. You don’t want to spend too much on something that doesn’t offer much value or get frustrated when trying to operate it due to its complicated nature. On the other hand, if you opt for something cheap and basic, there’s a good chance it won’t have all the features and extras that would make your life easier. It’s important to find the right balance between price and features.
Value for the Money
While you don’t want to overpay for foam insulation for window air conditioner, it’s also important not to buy something that seems like a great deal but falls apart quickly or doesn’t perform as advertised. If there’s something similar on sale somewhere else that has better reviews or comes with more features, it might be worth waiting until you can get them both at once instead of taking advantage of an offer that seems too good to be true — because it probably is! To make an informed decision about two or more products, look at how their total cost affects you over the long run. This will give you a better idea of which foam insulation for window air conditioner offers more bang for your buck.
Even if the foam insulation for window air conditioner is cheap and has excellent features, it doesn’t necessarily mean it is of good quality. Sometimes, even expensive products fail to deliver on their promise of reliability and durability. So before making any purchase decision, ensure that the brand has a reputation for producing high-quality products that last long without causing any trouble.
Customer reviews are an excellent way to determine if a foam insulation for window air conditioner is worth the money. Reviews by actual users can give insight into the quality and durability of the foam insulation for window air conditioner. You can also search for reviews on specific sites like Amazon, where there are thousands of reviews for almost every product imaginable. This will help you avoid making the same mistake as others while buying a foam insulation for window air conditioner.