This review will look at 10 of the water hose timer products in the market and where they do best. In our opinion, you should measure the quality and performance of a product by its value to you in terms of price point, the value provided, and/or uniqueness.
Top 10 Best water hose timer: Editor’s Choice
1. Orbit 62034 Mechanical Watering Hose Timer, Colors may vary
- EASIEST TIMER TO USE: Works just like an egg timer. Set the perfect time for your watering needs, anywhere from 15 to 120 minutes
- Timed watering up to 120 minutes
- Durable high impact construction
- Oversized dial with comfort grip for easy use
- No batteries required
- Saves water in drought conditions
Additional Info :
|Color||Colors May Vary|
2. RAINPOINT Sprinkler Timer,Water Timer Programmable Garden Outdoor Hose Feature Timer with Rain Delay/Manual/Automatic Watering System,Waterproof Digital Irrigation Timer System for Lawns Pool,1 Outlet
- 【Easy Programming Program】Through the Sprinkler Timer to program, you can set the Start Time, Watering Duration is 1min-3h59min, Watering Frequency from 4h-12h or 1 day to 7 days, so you can customize your watering time, and can be more accurate.
- 【Automatic Watering and Rain Delay】The Watering Timer can automatically adjust the watering and irrigation time you set or the rain start delay according to the local weather forecast, which helps to save water.
- 【Big LCD Screen Display】The sprinkler timer with a big LCD Screen Display, which can display the Watering Time, Watering Frequency, Power and other detailed content, that is convenient and easy to read.
- 【Product Contains】Including Water Timer*1 and User Manual*1, using 2*AAA alkaline batteries (not included), the User Manual can better help you to set the timer, the power will be displayed on the screen intelligently To remind you of the available power.
- 【Multi-Scene Hose Timer】It can be used for many scenes, can be used in the garden, lawn, yard and other places,it can meet your daily life needs of the sprinkler timer.
Additional Info :
3. Raindrip R675CT Analog 3-Dial Water Timer, 1, Multi
- Automate your drip system with scheduled run times, frequency, timed manual watering, and rain delay features
- Works from a faucet or hose bibb; compatible with Garden Hose Thread (GHT), not British Standard Pipe Thread (BSP) connection point; use adapter (not included) to connect to desired supply tubing size
- Three control dials: 1) set frequency; 2) set run time; 3) override scheduled program for rain delay (24 to 72 hours) or add timed manual watering without disrupting your programmed schedule; Delay button adjusts the start time; simply press until you reach your desired start time for watering (timer is set to start automatically)
- Inlet connects directly to water source such as a faucet or hose bibb; outlet connects to appropriate adapter such as a Smart Loc Adapter to transition to supply tubing; Battery-operated timer indicates when batteries are running low; system turns valve to the “off” position when batteries run out, to prevent wasting water
- Comes with one Hose-End Automatic Water Timer and Smart Loc Universal Adapter
Additional Info :
4. Orbit 62041 Watering Timer
- High-flow design allows 20 Percent more water flow than standard mechanical timers, helping you water your plants with much greater ease and efficiency
- Only metal mechanical timer on the market – built with heavy-duty metal materials for durability, strength and years of reliable watering
- Timed watering up to 120 minutes, with manual water override capability, to fit a wide variety of watering needs for your lawn, plants and gardens
- Oversized dial (colors may vary: red or green) with comfort grip for easy use and a large, ergonomic swivel for easy faucet attachment
- No batteries required – simply turn the dial to set the watering duration and let it go. Timer will stop watering after the set duration
Additional Info :
5. Chapin International Chapin 41001 Single Zone Water Timer, red/Black
- Fits outdoor faucets with a ¾” GHT thread
- Set watering cycle – when to start watering
- Duration of watering: 1, 3, 5, 10, 15, 20, 30, 60, 90, 120 minutes
- Frequency of watering: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 12 hours and 1, 2, 3, 7 days
- Time delay options to set desired watering time
- Operating pressure up to 116 psi
- Water-resistant construction
- Install above ground and vertically to tap
- Two AAA batteries required (not included)
Additional Info :
6. RAINPOINT Sprinkler Timer WiFi Water Timer, 2 Outlets Smart Hose Timer, 2-Zone Automatic Irrigation System Controller with Wi-Fi Hub Plug, Weather & Voice Control, for Yard Lawn Watering
- EASY-TO-USE APP CONTROL: Easily connect the 2-Zone WiFi Sprinkler Timer to 2.4Ghz WiFi, then you can program your watering schedule through the RAINPOINT APP anytime, anywhere. With the intuitive APP UI, you will find programming so simple and straightforward. (For 2.4Ghz WiFi Only)
- 2 SEPARATE WATERING SYSTEMS: WiFi water timer with 2 independent water valves, each valve can be individually programmed with up to 3 different watering schedules. Allows you to customize the appropriate watering plan for different areas such as lawns and flower beds.
- WEATHER-BASED SMART WATERING: The WiFi hose timer will automatically skip watering on rainy and snowy days based on the latest local forecasts. You can also manually turn on a 24, 48 or 72 hour rain delay. It will help you save up to 50% on your monthly water bill.
- TIME-BASED AUTO WATERING: Up to 6 watering plans & 2 watering modes: Irrigation Mode & Mist Mode. Each with customizable start time, duration(1min-11h59min) and watering frequency(Mon-Sun). In Irrigation Mode, it will run non-stop during watering. In Mist Mode, it will run 5~59 sec and interval 1sec~15min59sec during watering, specially designed for misting system, summer outdoor cooling and dust reduction.
- FLEXIBLE MANUAL WATERING: The manual watering time for each zone can be set from 1~59 minutes, and you can enable manual watering for the left/right/two zones via the APP or the button on the timer, allowing you to water whenever you want without interrupting the program.
- TRACK THE FLOW, SAVE WATER: Each zone of the WiFi faucet timer has a built-in water flow meter which measures in gallon or liter and records water usage for nearly 10 days in a table, helping you keep track water consumption, adjust the watering plan and save your water bills.
- EXTENDED IRRIGATION SYSTEM: One WiFi hub can be paired with 4 single WiFi sprinkler timers. And one WiFi water valve can be paired with 1 WiFi soil sensor (not included). If you have a RainPoint WiFi soil sensor, you can set a smart watering based on the soil moisture.
Additional Info :
7. Yardeen Water Hose Sprinkler Timer with 2 Solenoid Valves Garden Electronic Irrigation Controller System Color Blue
- TWO PROGRAMMABLE VALVES – Features two separate valves with maximum flexibility settings. Attach two hoses, and customize each hose with its own watering duration and frequency according to your precise needs. Use one water timer to control watering your lawn and garden
- MAXIMUM FLEXIBILITY – Allows setting your precise desired frequency and duration. Program precisely when to start watering, when to stop watering. Each watering session can be set for up to 240 minutes, and can be programmed to water as many times needed per day, without limitations
- EASY TO USE – Features a swivel coupling for easy and quick NO tools needed connection. this unit utilizes a slow valve shut off and does not bang the pipes.This electronic water timer is designed for use in gardens, lawn greenhouses and more, and can control sprinklers and water systems. A modern and stylish look will not interfere with the look of your beautiful garden.
- RAIN DELAY – Easily skip watering sessions during and after rainy days, without interrupting the programmed watering cycles
- Can be attached to 3/4”(19mm) or 1”(25mm) tap or faucet, Seller support will be glad to help you if you have difficult to setup programmes
Additional Info :
8. Rain Bird 1ZEHTMR Professional Grade Electronic Digital Hose End Timer/Controller, One Zone/Station, Battery Operated
- Robust professional grade digital hose end timer; for use with hose-end sprinklers, Drip irrigation and soaker hose
- Easy-to-use advanced 7-day scheduling and sophisticated functions provide worry-free watering convenience
- Extra-large dial and readout screen provide easy set-up and review of watering schedules
- Instant override buttons for “Cancel Watering” (doubles as up to 96-hour rain delay) and “Water Now” (manual watering)
- Conveniently displays program status such as next scheduled water cycle, and time remaining on current cycle
- Provides maximum run time of 6-hours with up to 2-start times per day
- High flow rate allows operation of up to (5) Impact Sprinklers
- Operates on two AA batteries (not included)
- Ideal for use with Rain Bird hose-end sprinklers and Drip irrigation kits
- **Very Important** To prevent catastrophic damage remove timer from water supply when freezing temperatures are expected
Additional Info :
9. Yardeen Hose Water Timer Automatic Water Faucet Single Outlet Ball Valve Allow Connected Irrigation System Work Zero Pressure
- The use of smart irrigation system not only makes effective use of water resources, but also improves the efficiency of automatic irrigation and greatly reduces labor costs.
- Can also water flowers and plants automatically in fixed time, when nobody is at home. Great care improves the livability of plants
- Water and circuit are completely separated. The valve will close when battery is low, to keep it safe，2 XAA 1.5v alkaline battery required (not included)
- Ball valve water timer Working Water Pressure: 0 – 8 bar,no water pressure is ok for use
- Built-in stainless steel high-density filter in the water inlet will block the impurities in the water to ensure the long-term operation of the internal structure of the controller
Additional Info :
|Color||1-outlet Water Timer|
10. RAINPOINT Sprinkler Timer, Water Timer for Garden Hose Faucet, Programmable Water Timer with Rain Delay/Manual/Automatic Irrigation System, Outdoor Irrigation Timer Controller for Lawn, Yard, 2 Zones
- 【Leakage Free & Accute】The 2-generation valve diaphragm has a self-cleaning tech., after testing, the service life of the diaphragm up to 600,000 times without falling off or blocking. the advanced circuit control system with a smart chip, ensures your schedule runs more stably and accurately.
- 【2 Outlet Separate Automatic Watering】2-zone outlet easier for you to schedule watering separately for different areas. the 2 watering frequencies which hours mode is from 4h to12h, day mode is from 1 day to 7 days, and watering duration is from 1min to 3h59min. the flexible scheduling allows you to water up to 6 times a day or as little as once a week on each valve.
- 【3 Modes Manual Watering】Customized manual watering of each zone is from 1 to 59 mins, let you water your flowers and plants whenever you want without Interrupting program. 3 MODEs, which means you manually watering via clicks ‘MANUAL’ button to select 1 zone only/ 2 zone only/ both zones.
- 【Rain Delay】Watering timer has a rain delay setting that helps you conserve water and postpone your schedule 24/48/72 Hrs then resume your plan.
- 【Long-lasting Durability】To ensure long-lasting durability, our garden timer designed with heavy-duty construction, made of waterproof, anti-UV coating and anti-rust materials. added the seal ring in the battery cover to isolate moisture. perfect for outdoor use.
- 【Bigger LCD Display & Easier to Setup】2.5″ Large Screen makes you check readouts much easier, and programming easy as 123! it requires no tools to install on 3/4’’ faucet. also totally suits parents, elders to use.
- 【Multi-Scene Hose Timer】Powered by 2*AAA 1.5V Alkaline batteries (excluded), service life will last 6 months, which is ideal for outdoor gravity drip irrigation system, garden irrigation watering, lawn sprinkler controller, greenhouse mist system, pool, birdbath dripper, etc.
Additional Info :
Buying Guide to Choose water hose timer
How do you choose the water hose timer? This can be a tricky question. The answer is not always easy to find and often requires research. We’re here with this blog post: we want to help you.
We’ll cover everything from identifying what type of product will work for your needs, what questions you need to be answered about your desired outcome, and more to ensure that higher-quality it is the right one for your situation when you purchase this item. We hope that our advice helps!
1. Consider your needs
When buying the water hose timer, we must consider many factors. It is valid for any purchase but becomes more critical when considering a big-ticket item.
In the past, it was easy to look at price as your sole determinant of what product would be best for you. But in an age where so many people have access to information from manufacturers’ websites and other sources, customers can now make better-informed decisions about their purchases than ever before!
Nowadays, there’s no excuse not to research a potential purchase before deciding which one will work best for your needs. Choosing the right product to buy can be a difficult task. There are many different products on the market, each claiming to be the best.
It’s essential to consider your needs before you make a purchase. What do you need from this product? Is it for work or home use? How often will it be used, what features does it offer, etc.? The more questions answered about your requirements, the easier choosing which product will better suit those needs.
2. Find out what the water hose timer is
The best product is the item that meets your needs because the mindset of spending money to purchase a product should be “are you getting what you want.” If all other aspects are good, but it does not meet your needs, find another product. The basics about being high-end are the same as any other product, but often consumers are willing to pay extra for quality if it feels more luxurious. It also comes down to preference – many feel better purchasing something that may perform marginally worse than they need but looks better on their countertop or showcase shelf.
All water hose timer are not the same, and some things matter more than others when purchasing a product, such as quality or if it’s good looking, or how much it costs. Before making a purchase, use these factors to decide which product will be best for you!
3. Which features are you looking for?
As for what color, type, and size, it is best to look for a product, and you should consider the quality. This means you need to look for something with higher quality than what you typically find because what one might call good enough isn’t good enough when browsing through products.
To avoid wasting time and tie back to avoiding less-than-good-quality items, you want something on Watmall that looks well made, so physically examining the article will help significantly make this determination.
4. Consider your budget
Do you know how much money you must spend before buying the water hose timer? Considering what to buy, consider your budget beforehand to avoid limiting your options during the decision process. It will help keep buyers’ regret at bay and provide a sense of relief when making a purchase decision.
The first thing to consider is if any deals or coupons are available on certain products. For example, some sellers offer discounts based on the volume purchased or signing up for their mailing list. They were doing this before purchasing can save time and cash!
5. High-quality products will last longer
We all like to save money. But, if you want to make your money last for as long as possible, buy high-quality goods. Purchasing low-quality items is often an instance of buying value. You purchase something without considering its durability or how well it was made because the price is right, and you can’t afford anything else at that moment in time.
On the other hand, purchasing higher quality branded products online means that these products are manufactured through careful consideration of their intended use and given how they will be used before they are put on the market; thus eliminating any chances of defect, which should equate to longevity within a product’s lifespan. Inactivity or extended usage will shorten a product’s lifespan, but the lifespan will be longer with higher-quality brands.
6. Why should you purchase an item that has a warranty policy?
Purchasing an item with a warranty protects you financially if something happens to your purchase and encourages the manufacturer to create quality products. Purchasing water hose timer with warranties provides convenient peace of mind for shoppers when purchasing expensive items and incentivizes manufacturers to create higher-quality products.
Warranties are offered for many different reasons – although sometimes people find them irritating or inconvenient – they exist for one fundamental reason: To protect buyers from defective merchandise.